First Lady's Outstanding Community Service Awards
Nebraska’s First Lady Sally Ganem is the former principal of Howard Elementary School in Fremont, Nebraska. She was born and raised in Omaha and graduated from Omaha South High School. She later received both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Given her lifelong interest and passion for education, the First Lady’s Outstanding Community Service Awards have been redesigned to reflect her commitment to learning.
The First Lady’s Outstanding Community Service Awards will be presented at a special spring luncheon, April 12, 2013 at the Kearney Country Club in recognition of distinguished volunteer service across a wide variety of categories.
- Lifetime Achievement in Volunteer Service
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Volunteer Group of the Year
- Outstanding Service-Learning Program
- Outstanding School Volunteer Program
- Outstanding Community Partnership in Education (Group Award)
- Outstanding Business Support for Education
- Outstanding Student Leader
- Outstanding Community Service Project
- National Service Award
- Professional Commitment to Service: Debra Hartman Award
The ServeNebraska Awards Guide provides additional details, criteria and the judging process for each award.