First Lady's Outstanding Community Service Awards
Nebraska’s First Lady Sally Ganem is the former principal of Howard Elementary School in Fremont, Nebraska. She was born and raised in Omaha and graduated from Omaha South High School. She later received both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
Given her lifelong interest and passion for education, the First Lady’s Outstanding Community Service Awards have been designed to reflect her commitment to learning.
The First Lady’s Outstanding Community Service Awards will be presented at a special spring luncheon, April 11, 2014 in Omaha in recognition of distinguished volunteer service across a wide variety of categories.
- Lifetime Achievement in Volunteer Service
- Outstanding Volunteer of the Year
- Outstanding Volunteer Group of the Year
- Outstanding Service-Learning Program
- Outstanding School Volunteer Program
- Outstanding Community Partnership in Education (Group Award)
- Outstanding Business Support for Education
- Outstanding Student Leader
- Outstanding Community Service Project
- National Service Award
- Professional Commitment to Service: Debra Hartman Award
2014 Nomination Deadline: February 15, 2014
Awards Presented: Friday, April 11, 2014
The Thompson Alumni Center – University of Nebraska at Omaha
First Lady’s Outstanding Community Service Award Sponsors
For More Information Contact: